Monday, August 30, 2010

High Seas Expedition!


Madeline, Mallory and Brianna attended Vacation Bible School the first week of August. This year's theme was "High Seas Expedition." Here's the McCarron/Martin crew: (Madeline, Jacob, Nicholas, Brianna, Marissa, Jenna & Mallory)



Here I am with the girls. We all had a great time at VBS this year. It is the most fun I have volunteering all year. I am so happy to be involved in the program.




Madeline and Mallory were initially disappointed that they were in a "boy" crew. (They had two boy crew leaders.) However, they got along fine and ended up having a great time with the boys.

Here is Mallory with her crew leader Aaron. She really liked him. She told him that she wanted him to be her brother! (At least she's not asking me to give her a brother...) She insisted that I take pictures of them together next to each of the 5 cardboard cutouts on the stage.

Brianna was in the preschool VBS this year. She had a lot of fun and she really liked her "big girl" (teenage) teachers.


Brianna, however, does not seem to have a future in the performing arts. Despite knowing all the VBS songs, she refused to sing or do motions with the group. (That's her center stage, not singing and not moving.)

On the other end of the spectrum, Madeline and Mallory looked forward to jumping up on stage and singing in front of everyone before VBS started each day...

No comments: