Thursday, September 25, 2008

She's off the market...

Well, it's official. Madeline is off the market. When I picked her up from school last Wednesday, she said that she liked Andrew. I asked if he was a nice boy and she replied, "All boys are icky, but he's not as icky as the others." She said she wasn't sure if she was going to marry him or not.

The next day, she came running out of school and immediately told me that she really loved Andrew.

On Friday, she proclaimed that Andrew was her boyfriend and that they were going to get married. And then, while playing on the playground after school, he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

(Scott was out of town when all of this transpired, and I must say that when I told him about it over the phone, he was not too pleased. He even asked if Madeline told the teacher that Andrew kissed her. I think he wants to get Andrew expelled. Madeline, Mallory & Brianna's teenage years are going to be really rough on him.)


So now that Madeline and Andrew are officially an item, there was apparently just one loose end to tie up. Madeline sat down before breakfast this morning and wrote this note:

To Shankar,
I have a boyfriend.
Love,
Madeline
I am breaking up.

Shankar was her "Prince Charming" for two years at preschool. She explained that breaking up with him is really just about logistics. He doesn't go to her school.

I'm putting the note in her babybook. I love how matter-of-fact she is and that she added the sunflower sticker. That should make Shankar feel better.

No comments: