
That's right, Madeline lost her first tooth! It was pretty wiggly when she left for school this morning and this is how she looked when I picked her up this afternoon!
She is absolutely elated about losing a tooth. She said it fell out during gym class, but she just kept it in her hand until she got back to her classroom and then told her teacher.
In case you didn't know, losing a tooth in kindergarten is a BIG deal. This only added to Madeline's excitement. She was already looking forward to losing her first tooth, but she really wanted to lose it at school. In acknowledgement of this milestone, her teacher gave her a tooth necklace, put her tooth in a little envelope to take home and most importantly, let her put a sticker on the Lost Teeth chart in the classroom. Madeline was very honored to be the first one in her class to lose a tooth this year.My Tooth
Author Unknown
Today was the day
Today was the day
MY TOOTH finally fell out.
I wanted to jump and laugh and shout!
Now, I can do the things
other kids do –
show off the hole
and let jello squish through.
My mom grabbed the camera
and started to cry.
(It’s bound to grow back
so I’m not sure just why.)
The best part of all is much later tonight.
I’ll hop into bed and turn off the light.
Then, after I close my sleepy eyes
the tooth fairy will come
and leave a surprise!
.......................................................................................
P.S. The tooth fairy was caught a little off guard. However, after talking to some other tooth fairies at the school playground, she thinks she has a handle on the going rate for teeth.



1 comment:
Congratulations Madeline! Your smile looks very cute without your tooth:)
Love,
Mollie
Post a Comment