Monday, January 31, 2011

Madeline is Perfect...For Now

Madeline celebrated her First Reconciliation (confession) on Saturday, January 15th.

According to Madeline, the perfect way to celebrate First Reconciliation would have been as follows:
* In a confessional
* Behind the screen
* In the dark
* With a priest she didn't know

Unfortunately, for Madeline, they don't allow children to celebrate their First Reconciliation that way. Madeline was able to go into a confessional and it was a priest she didn't know, but it was done face-to-face, with the lights on. She was sooooo nervous waiting outside the confessional.
When she was done, she actually ran out! I don't think she wanted to be in there 1 second longer than necessary. She said that she completely forgot what she wanted to say and spent quite a bit of time saying, "uhhhh..." I asked her if she felt lighter now that the burden of sin had been lifted from her - she said no. She was, however, happy to be done. I guess that's something.

Here's Madeline with her friend Avery who had her First Reconciliation at the same time. Aren't they cute?? I'm glad we got some pictures of "perfect" Madeline, because from the sounds of it, she's not going back for reconciliation anytime soon...








Here's a close-up of Father Hugh and the kids. Madeline's in the third row from the bottom.

No comments: