That's right, we were attacked by the H1N1 (aka "Swine") flu. It was NOT fun. It was all over Madeline's school. Madeline's first grade class has 21 children. From Oct. 19 - Oct. 23, they had no more than 13 kids each day! By the end of the day on Thursday, they only had 6! Unfortunately, the germs came home. If Madeline got it, she had a very mild case. She never ran a high fever at all, but did feel more tired than usual. And then the domino effect started... Mallory got sick on Friday night and ran a very high fever for two days. I got sick on Sunday afternoon. Brianna got sick on Monday morning and Scott got sick on Tuesday. I was down for a week. It was absolutely awful. I don't remember ever being so sick for so long. Brianna was pretty sick as well. She was running a really high fever even through ibuprofen. Scott (luckily) had a slightly milder case, although he still missed three days of work. For anyone that hasn't already gotten the flu, I highly recommend the shot!!



No comments:
Post a Comment