Thursday, August 27, 2009

Madeline's First Day of School

Thursday, August 20th was Madeline's first day of school. She is a first grader this year! (Wow, I can't believe it!) She is very excited about school.

Madeline was very happy to find out that two of her friends from last year are in her class. Alas, her boyfriend is not. Fear not, she informed me that she will be able to see him at recess. The relationship can continue. Whew!

Madeline is really looking forward to the year. They are going to get class frogs that they can feed. They get to pick prizes from the "treasure chest" for being good and the "desk fairy" will be making appearances and leaving little gifts if their desks are clean.


Madeline decided that she would use her backpack from last year again. I did have to fix it up a little bit. When I washed it at the end of the school year, all the glitter fell off Barbie's skirt. We had to make a trip to the store so that Madeline could pick out a piece of fabric (pink with glittery pink hearts) and then I made Barbie a new skirt. I think it turned out pretty cute.


No comments: