Mallory and her daddy attended the Sweetheart Dance last Saturday. Mallory was so excited about the dance. She had watched Madeline get ready for "the ball" for the past two years, so she was more than ready for her turn.
Mallory requested that Scott wear his purple tie since purple is her favorite color.
Unlike Madeline, who had her dresses picked out months in advance, Mallory didn't seem that concerned about what she'd be wearing. I had picked up a cute dress on clearance and figured I'd give it to her the day of the dance. I do wish, however, that I had bought a purple dress...The day of the dance, I asked Mallory if she'd like to wear a new special dress. She said she would, so I pulled out the dress I had for her. She was very excited, but then asked (very politely) if I had any other special dresses...
I am officially on the lookout for a fancy purple dress for next year's dance.
Mallory decided that she wanted to wear her hair up in a bun with the tiara she got from DisneyWorld. We even pulled out her Disney makeup. She selected purple eyeshadow, pink glittery lipgloss and a sparkly sticker beauty mark.Mallory had a fabulous time at the dance. She said she ate NINE cookies. She also danced the Locomotion and the Chicken Dance. She was a good date and did not ditch her daddy at all. She is already looking forward to next year's Sweetheart Dance.



No comments:
Post a Comment