
Madeline was "The Big Cheese" in her kindergarten class last week. She had to make a poster all about herself and present it to her classmates. Scott and I were invited to her presentation. Madeline had to stand at the easel and point to each of the pictures with her pointer and explain them to the class. She did a very nice job. Her classmates then asked her questions. That was pretty funny. The teacher had to remind them that "you ask a question when you want to know something." (Apparently a lot of the kids raise their hands to ask "questions" and proceed to tell long stories.) There were a lot of the questions about Jedi and a few about when Madeline lost her tooth. There were also quite a few stories about other dogs and other teeth. She then got to share some of her favorite books with the class. We read Stanley's Party, The Little Mermaid and The Fat Cat. (Madeline actually read The Fat Cat to the class. She was very proud.) She also selected Puff the Magic Dragon, but insisted that I sing it, not read it. A lot of the kids knew the song, so it was a bit like music class with everyone joining in on the refrain. I got a note home from Madeline's teacher the following Monday saying that the kids sang the song all afternoon.
Here's Madeline's poster:
These are the captions:
"This is when I lost my tooth."
"I like singing and dancing."
"This is me as a baby."
"This is me and Daddy before the dance."
"My favorite team is the Iowa Hawkeyes."
"I love my dog Jedi."
"I love my family."
"I love the beach."
"I love Barbies."
"I love Wicked."
"I love my stuffed animal Odie."
"I want to be a killer whale trainer."
"My favorite princess is Ariel."
"This is me in front of Cinderella's castle."
"This is my house."
"I like playing soccer."




No comments:
Post a Comment